[FFmpeg-devel] avformat/mxfenc: fix stored/sampled/displayed width/height

Tomas Härdin git at haerdin.se
Mon Jan 16 15:50:03 EET 2023

lör 2023-01-14 klockan 16:48 +0100 skrev Jerome Martinez:
> Before the patch:
> - stored values were rounded to upper 16 multiple also for formats
> not
> using macroblocks (should be st->codecpar->width and
> st->codecpar->height when not MPEG formats; note that I found no
> other
> muxer doing the rounding for AVC, only for MPEG-2 Video, but I find
> no
> reason in specs for doing the difference so I kept the rounding for
> AVC)
> - sampled and displayed widths were stored width (should be
> st->codecpar->width like it is already done for height, with the
> DV50/100 exception)

Another option might be to omit these values for non-macroblock codecs.
There is also potentially one use-value: when remuxing BMP to MXF it
may be necessary to deal with BMP's 16-bit alignment. I'm not sure if
this happens in the wild, and we certainly don't support muxing it.

Another very close reading of the spec seems appropriate.

/Tomas