[FFmpeg-devel] avformat/mxfenc: fix stored/sampled/displayed width/height

Nicolas Gaullier nicolas.gaullier at cji.paris
Mon Jan 16 16:00:08 EET 2023

>Before the patch:
>- stored values were rounded to upper 16 multiple also for formats not using macroblocks (should be st->codecpar->width and
>st->codecpar->height when not MPEG formats; note that I found no other
>muxer doing the rounding for AVC, only for MPEG-2 Video, but I find no reason in specs for doing the difference so I kept the rounding for AVC)
>- sampled and displayed widths were stored width (should be
>st->codecpar->width like it is already done for height, with the
>DV50/100 exception)

The width is one thing; for whatever reason, there is a divergence between DV100 on one hand and AVCI/XDCAMHD35 on the other. In my understanding, in current practices, DV obey s337 (stored width includes scaling) but xdcam&avci does not, so current code is fine but maybe this is an opportunity to document this ?
The height is another topic, and in my information (checked against some samples from K2/Harmonic/bmx), DV height should not be rounded : maybe this patch is an opportunity to fix this ?

Note: please mind update fate (make fate-lavf-mxf_opatom GEN=1).

Nicolas