[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC 2023

Nuo Mi nuomi2021 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 13:10:54 EET 2023

On Tue, Jan 17, 2023 at 11:22 PM Nuo Mi <nuomi2021 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 10:58 PM Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 16 Jan 2023, at 14:53, Nuo Mi wrote:
>> > Seems too hurried for this time.  Maybe next time
>>
>> I disagree: we can do (and should do) a small task for VVC dec in GSoC
>> 2023, like a fringe feature, not from the mainline.
>>
> Hi jb,
> Thank you for the suggestion. I love this idea. Let me prepare the
> description.
>

>> jb
>>
>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President
>> +33 672 704 734

Hi jb, Thilo,
How about this?

video industry has high anticipation for  VVC. The goal of the ffvvc
project is to provide a VVC decoder for FFmpeg. We invite you to join us in
improving ffvvc. Depending on your background, you will help add
ALF/SAO/Predict assembly code or new features/tests for ffvvc.
Expected results: 500+ lines of code merged into the ffvvc project.

Prerequisites: Good C and Assembly code, basic familiarity with Git, and
knowledge of codecs.

Difficulty: Hard

Qualification Task: Fix any issue on https://github.com/ffvvc/FFmpeg/issues
or any patch merged by ffvvc.

Mentor: Nuo Mi (nuomi2021 at gmail dot com)

Duration: 350 hours

Hi All,
It's more than welcome if somebody can do the co-mentor.  Please reply to
this if you are interested.

Thank you.