[FFmpeg-devel] git email hook

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Fri Jul 14 21:27:06 EEST 2023

Hi all

I today added and tested git-multimail to git.ffmpeg.org as our git mail
sending script is old and unmaintained

I intend to use libavradio for testing it, this will result in
different looking mails for avradio. (probably on the next push in a day or 2)
If that goes well i intend to switch ffmpeg-web and all repositories
that are on git.ffmpeg.org over to it too. But its easy to leave some
on the old script if people prefer.
I hope though the new will produce nicer mails.
(this is unrelated to git master for which videolan is doing the git mail)

No ill sideeffects are expected but unexpected things are always possible.

If you fake or manipulate statistics in a paper in physics you will never
get a job again.
If you fake or manipulate statistics in a paper in medicin you will get
a job for life at the pharma industry.