[FFmpeg-devel] [TC] checkasm: use pointers for start/stop functions

Martin Storsjö martin at martin.st
Tue Jul 25 00:26:59 EEST 2023

On Mon, 17 Jul 2023, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> Since you're giving zero valid reasons, I'm invoking the TC.

Just for public record and visibility:

The TC has discussed the matter at hand. Overall, the TC considered that
the approach of using an indirect call seemed tolerable given the benefits
and could be accepted if necessary. But avoiding the indirect call unless
there actually are multiple timing providers would be even better,
retaining the same low overhead as before.

As the updated patchset seems to implement that, we consider the case
closed - and actual TC involvement wasn't needed after all here.

// Martin Storsjö, on behalf of the FFmpeg Technical Committee