[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] SDR

Anton Khirnov anton at khirnov.net
Thu Jun 22 19:09:47 EEST 2023

Hi,
I'm sorry to say, the patch at its current state is quite far from
something I'd consider acceptable for git master.

1) Given that there are sdr and sdrfile demuxers, it seems to me that
the transport layer should be split into a protocol rather than be
inside the demuxer
2) Threading inside the demuxer, with pthread calls randomly sprinkled
throughout is particularly ugly and dangerous. Demuxers should not do
their own threading.
3) sdr_read_header() and sdr_read_packet() are giant, hideous, and
unreadable.
4) Why does there seem to be drawing code in a demuxer?

--
Anton Khirnov