[FFmpeg-devel] RFC: opinions on making fftools work like a library

Zhao Zhili quinkblack at foxmail.com
Sun Mar 19 07:04:55 EET 2023

I mean user can simply rename main() to something like ffmpeg_main() and build
it as a library, even without directly support in our build system. Sometimes
user just want to copy-paste and run ffmpeg cmdline on mobile.

Some projects already did this, but they need to tweak the source code to
reset global states each time, avoiding exit() and so on. These projects cannot
benefit from your refactor work until they rebase their projects on new version
of fftools.