[FFmpeg-devel] Add support for animated WebP

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Tue May 9 12:22:55 EEST 2023

Am 09.05.23 um 04:31 schrieb James Zern:
> On Fri, May 5, 2023 at 10:47 AM Thilo Borgmann <thilo.borgmann at mail.de> wrote:
>>
>> Am 27.04.23 um 20:08 schrieb Thilo Borgmann:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> support for animated WebP had been proposed twice in the past [1][2].
>>> This did stall when Lynne called for some review on the demuxer in [1].
>>>
>>> So these are the rebased patches from [1], pinging especially for demuxer review.
>>> Retested decoding with all files given in #4907.
>>> Demuxer needs testing, I just rebased it.
>>
>> Ping.
>>

> https://googlefonts.github.io/noto-emoji-animation/ is another source
> of animations. They may provide some useful disposal rectangles and
> alpha.

thanks, will extend the test cases. Maybe there is also a useful addition to FATE from that.

> Unrelated to those I'll send you an image that hangs ffplay/ffmpeg.
> Did these patches need an update after you got rid of the conflict
> markers?

I got it, thanks!
I had no problems with the test vectors from #4907, though of course I can't be sure.

I will try to fix the issue with the hanging file and split the patchset more granular to address Anton's remark as well.

Thanks!
Thilo