[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] upcoming vote: TC/CC elections

Anton Khirnov anton at khirnov.net
Sun Nov 5 12:02:05 EET 2023

Hi all,
as previously discussed, we need to re-elect the members of the
Technical and Community Committees. As a reminder - the Technical
Committee (TC) resolves technical disputes, while the Community
Committee (CC) resolves personal conflicts and code of conduct
violations.

Anyone can become a member of either committee - they do not need to be
in GA (i.e. have voting rights). One person can also be a member of both
committees at once.

The vote should start the Monday after the previous vote (extra GA
members) finishes - that should be either 2023-11-20 or 2023-11-27 -
giving us two or three weeks for discussion and proposing candidates.

The candidates so far are:
  * TC:
    - Jan Ekström
    - Anton Khirnov
    - Lynne
    - Martin Storsjö
    - Niklas Haas
    - Michael Niedermayer
    - Mark Thompson
  * CC:
    - Dave Rice (IIUC it was somebody else who suggested him, so he'd
      need to be asked whether he wants the position)
    - James Almer
    - Jean-Baptiste Kempf
    - Thilo Borgmann
    - Steven Liu
    - Ronald Bultje
    - Anton Khirnov

(proposed at VDD as per Kyle's notes; I've also added myself as a CC
candidate).

Anyone else wishing to volunteer for TC or CC, please reply to this
email.

Other constructive comments also welcome.

Cheers,
--
Anton Khirnov