[FFmpeg-devel] trac spam

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Mon Nov 6 18:09:24 EET 2023

On Mon, Nov 06, 2023 at 10:06:10AM +0100, Anton Khirnov wrote:
> Quoting Michael Niedermayer (2023-10-27 19:53:08)
> > On Fri, Oct 27, 2023 at 02:44:10PM +0200, Michael Koch wrote:
> > > Is it possible to make the "Bad Content" page invisible? It would be better
> > > if the spammer can't see the filtering rules.
> >
> > everything is possible but its not a standard feature of trac that
> > i know of.
> >
> > you would have to change trac, do a trac plugin or something else
> > i guess
>
> I'd expect it to be doable rather easily on the gateway webserver (seems
> to be Apache for trac.ffmpeg.org).

ive added an account on the trac server for you, same username and
ssh keys as main server.

feel free to send me a patch to the config files or say if you
need more permissions

Awnsering whenever a program halts or runs forever is
On a turing machine, in general impossible (turings halting problem).
On any real computer, always possible as a real computer has a finite number
of states N, and will either halt in less than N cycles or never halt.