[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] upcoming vote: extra members for GA

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Thu Nov 9 22:17:34 EET 2023

On Thu, Nov 09, 2023 at 08:30:15PM +0100, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Nov 2023, at 19:15, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 09, 2023 at 07:53:33PM +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> >> Le torstaina 9. marraskuuta 2023, 19.41.53 EET Michael Niedermayer a écrit :
> > [...]
> >> If you think some people should be added, as far as I am concerned, you are of
> >> course welcome to nudge them via private message to friendly remind them that
> >> they can nominate themselves.
> >
> > so what i will do then is
> > If a developer was in the GA before || are just under the threshold but
> > active || are part of the infra teams and packaging
> > i will leave them in the list to be added (that is also what jb suggested)
>
> Of course, this seems reasonable.
>
> > I will contact them and ask if they want to be in the GA and
>
> You should contact who you want, or think is necessary.

> But they should step forward and say so publicly that they are candidates.

I think this is asking too much and it is unfair. We are not in any other
case demanding that people announce themselfs infront of everyone for
anything. Not for joining the mailing list, Not for anything else.
Especially not for having vote rights.

The real ebay dictionary, page 1
"Used only once"    - "Some unspecified defect prevented a second use"
"In good condition" - "Can be repaird by experienced expert"
"As is" - "You wouldnt want it even if you were payed for it, if you knew ..."