[FFmpeg-devel] [ANN] Poll Results: GA voters list updates

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Thu Nov 9 23:27:16 EET 2023

Hi Anton!

On 2023-11-09 13:15 +0100, Anton Khirnov wrote:
> Quoting Alexander Strasser (2023-11-06 16:56:55)
> > On 2023-11-06 07:10 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> > > Yo,
> > >
> > > Time is up, results are here:
> > > https://vote.ffmpeg.org/cgi-bin/civs/results.pl?id=E_029f7195fed7aadf
> >
> > Should I have been mailed about this vote?
> >
> > I'm pretty sure I could vote in 2020. Or am I just missing something?
>
> As per the rules:
> > Additional members are added to the General Assembly through a vote
> > after proposal by a member of the General Assembly. They are part of
> > the GA for two years, after which they need a confirmation by the GA.
>
> your voting rights expired after 2 years and were not renewed, since
> nobody organized a new vote.

Interesting. That could be the reason why I was left out. Not sure
it completely fits to the information so far. In any way it's worth
pointing out. Thanks.

What I don't understand:

> after which they need a confirmation by the GA

1. Does that mean all additional members drop out and need a
   confirmation by the remaining GA?

2. What does it exactly mean to need an confirmation?
   Does each additional member need to ask for a confirmation
   after 2 years?

   Or should there be a GA vote, every 2 years, for all
   additional members that would be dropped (after asking them
   if they want to stay in the GA)?

3. In which way is point 2 to be co-ordinated with new votes
   after 2 years?

The text you quoted (according to my Git archaeology it wasn't
changed; only reformatted) is unfortunately a bit ambiguous and
unclear :(

Best regards,
  Alexander