[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] upcoming vote: extra members for GA

Hendrik Leppkes h.leppkes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 12:57:04 EET 2023

On Thu, Nov 9, 2023 at 1:24 PM James Almer <jamrial at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/9/2023 9:21 AM, Anton Khirnov wrote:
> > Quoting Michael Niedermayer (2023-11-09 12:55:25)

> >> IMHO the question of the relation of the list of people who could vote
> >> in the last GA vote and the people who where in the general assembly
> >> in 2020 should be awnsered before further votes.
> >> https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2023-November/316609.html
> >
> > As far as I can tell, the voter list in the last vote should be the same
> > as the GA from 2020, except for the extra members whose voting rights
> > expire after 2 years.
> >
> > Do you dispute that?
> >
> >> If the current GA stays as it is, then i propose the following people
> >> (this list was quickly made and certainly has omisions and possibly errors,
> >> check anything thats important to you!)
> >>
> >> The presumed 2020 General assembly as well as people who have subtantial
> >> contributions over the lifetime of the project where the source of this list
> >
> >> Ting Fu            (last active in April 2023, 24 commits in 2021-2023, )
> >
> > He actually is in the GA, but his Intel mailbox bounces.
> >
> >> Fabrice Bellard    (Founder of the project over 600 commits in FFmpeg)
> >> Aman Karmani       (17 authored commits in 2020-2023, recently active in 2023-June and work all over the codebase)
> >> Baptiste Coudurier (Pays for our fate server since forever, maintains 15 things in MAINTAINERs, is the the copyright of 56 files, over 1900 commits in FFmpeg)
> >> Moritz Barsnick    (Member of the 2020 GA but was not on jbs list)
> >> Lauri Kasanen      (Linux / PowerPC maintainer)
> >> Dale Curtis        (14 commits in 2020 was in the 2020-GA)
> >> Alexander Strasser (Root admin, just recently reported that he could not vote even though he was in teh 2020-GA, 3 things in MAINTAINERs)
> >> foo86              (maintainer and author of dca*, dolby_e*, dtsdec, s337m)
> >> Huiwen Ren         (8 matches in the codebase of his name, avs2* and related things maintainer)
> >> Martin Vignali     (over 200 commits in FFmpeg, left in 2019 because of hostility)
> >> Lou Logan          (over 100 commits in FFmpeg, left in 2020, also in the 2020-GA but not on jbs list)
> >> Matthieu Bouron    (over 200 commits in FFmpeg, recently active in 2022, 5 entries in MAINTAINERs, 25 in copyrights)
> >> Ruiling Song       (vf_tonemap_opencl maintainer, added SIMD code to various bits of code, last active in git in 2020)
> >> John Stebbins      (over 100 commits in FFmpeg, last active in git in 2020, 1 copyright match)
> >> Tobias Rapp        (vf_readvitc mainatiner, last commit in Jul 2023, 88 commits in FFmpeg)
> >> Shiyou Yin         (MIPS & LoongArch maintainer, 24 matches for his name in the source, last commit May 2023)
> >> Reimar Döffinger   (over 1400 commits in FFmpeg, root admin and last commit in Oct 2023, 49 matches for his name in the codebase)
> >> Aurelien Jacobs    (over 1000 commits in FFmpeg, 13 entries in MAINTAINERs, 70 copyright line matches)
> [...]

Do I just reply here and say its OK to be considered, then?

I haven't been sending as many patches recently as I did years ago,
which happened to just die off in the period considered for the first
GA.
I still maintain my own open-source project based on ffmpeg, as well
as using it in my dayjob.

I also host a variety of Windows FATE boxes, and maintain some Windows
hwaccel components.

- Hendrik