[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] upcoming vote: extra members for GA

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Fri Nov 10 21:31:06 EET 2023

On Fri, Nov 10, 2023 at 02:24:23PM +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> [...] or at least allow people to resign from the GA discretionarily.

I think this makes alot more sense

Asking "I want to be in the GA" fully in public is something thats a very
high bar for some people. It certainly is a very low bar for others yes

If we imaginge every citizen in a country would have to publically demand
in front of the whole citizenship their vote right, explain why they should
have the right and then be voted on by all before receiving the right.
Thats not something normally required to receive voting rights.

I think this bar is too high. Especially for a project that just a moment
ago complained about sustainability.
We should welcome everyone who wants to participate not setup barriers

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny
individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand