[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] upcoming vote: TC/CC elections

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sat Nov 11 20:48:50 EET 2023

On Sat, Nov 11, 2023 at 03:37:38PM -0300, James Almer wrote:
> On 11/11/2023 3:34 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 05, 2023 at 11:02:05AM +0100, Anton Khirnov wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > as previously discussed, we need to re-elect the members of the
> > > Technical and Community Committees. As a reminder - the Technical
> > > Committee (TC) resolves technical disputes, while the Community
> > > Committee (CC) resolves personal conflicts and code of conduct
> > > violations.
> > >
> > > Anyone can become a member of either committee - they do not need to be
> > > in GA (i.e. have voting rights). One person can also be a member of both
> > > committees at once.
> > >
> > > The vote should start the Monday after the previous vote (extra GA
> > > members) finishes - that should be either 2023-11-20 or 2023-11-27 -
> > > giving us two or three weeks for discussion and proposing candidates.
> > >
> > > The candidates so far are:
> > >    * TC:
> > >      - Jan Ekström
> > >      - Anton Khirnov
> > >      - Lynne
> > >      - Martin Storsjö
> > >      - Niklas Haas
> > >      - Michael Niedermayer
> > >      - Mark Thompson
> > >    * CC:
> > >      - Dave Rice (IIUC it was somebody else who suggested him, so he'd
> > >        need to be asked whether he wants the position)
> > >      - James Almer
> > >      - Jean-Baptiste Kempf
> > >      - Thilo Borgmann
> > >      - Steven Liu
> > >      - Ronald Bultje
> > >      - Anton Khirnov
> > >
> > > (proposed at VDD as per Kyle's notes; I've also added myself as a CC
> > > candidate).
> > >
> > > Anyone else wishing to volunteer for TC or CC, please reply to this
> > > email.
> >
> > So many people want to join the CC and ive forwarded so many insults
> > to the CC with no reaction and no improvment. So i guess if I complain
> > that the CC isnt doing its job, i guess i must at least volunteer
> > to do the job better.
> > So here is my candidacy, vote for me, i lack sozial skills but
> > i recognize an insult when i see one and i can ban people if a friendly
> > private reminder is "misunderstood" repeatedly (IFF i have the authority to do that)
>
> If the CC is not acting it's because we're trying to get a new one formed.

Forming a new CC doesnt prevent teh old one from doing its job
there is no relation.

Old school: Use the lowest level language in which you can solve the problem
            conveniently.
New school: Use the highest level language in which the latest supercomputer
            can solve the problem without the user falling asleep waiting.