[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] upcoming vote: TC/CC elections

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sat Nov 11 21:01:36 EET 2023

On Sat, Nov 11, 2023 at 07:52:24PM +0100, Nicolas George wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer (12023-11-11):
> > Forming a new CC doesnt prevent teh old one from doing its job
> > there is no relation.
>
> The previous CC had lost its mandate two years before.

But that doesnt matter
if someone insults people, gets warned
insults again, gets warned
insults again and the CC asks the admins to ban him
the admins will ban him
Thea admins can see the history of repeated offenses, they arent blind

> Also, I cannot easily find the list of members (which is a problem in

jb thilo james carl dave

Awnsering whenever a program halts or runs forever is
On a turing machine, in general impossible (turings halting problem).
On any real computer, always possible as a real computer has a finite number
of states N, and will either halt in less than N cycles or never halt.