[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Repeat vote: GA voters list updates

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sun Nov 12 20:02:31 EET 2023

On Sun, Nov 12, 2023 at 06:43:28PM +0100, J. Dekker wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 12, 2023, at 18:31, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >>
> >> Or you could have waited for his answer before doing the vote, don't you
> >> think? Now people got a new vote email that may or may not be valid at all.
> >
> > I hope this new vote will result in the same winner as the last
> > because otherwise we will have more questions and accusations
>
> Multiple people (including myself) have already posted their voting URLs publicly
> so this 'vote' outcome will be extremely questionable at best.

i saw it.
I guess its your right to protest that way, its your ballot

its a bit unfortunate.
i have not really finished investigating what exactly happened in the
previous vote, but more information is still trickling in.
There where mistakes made in the previous vote though i doubt they
affected the outcome, but i do not know

I think anton, thilo and jb should have paused the votes and waited
until we fully understand the previous votes issues.
now it becomes only more messy
previous vote, repeat vote, some agree some disagree thats the right path
next votes following on top of ?
some calls to changes to vote admin, some calls to change vote superviser
some calls to change server

in a week we have 8 servers 16 vote admins 32 vote supervisers and 64
different outcomes of the previous vote

we can get rich by renting out all that vote infra we soon will have ;)

In fact, the RIAA has been known to suggest that students drop out
of college or go to community college in order to be able to afford
settlements. -- The RIAA