[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Repeat vote: GA voters list updates

Tomas Härdin git at haerdin.se
Tue Nov 14 11:28:50 EET 2023

lör 2023-11-11 klockan 10:42 +0100 skrev Jean-Baptiste Kempf:

> You have been told, now, several times, that a list of email is a
> collection of Private Information,  according to a GDPR and that you
> are a process of this PI, and therefore liable to the law.

Everyone with a copy of the git repository already has this
information, and it has been willingly given by all contributors. Is
further processing of already extant PI really not permissible
according to the GDPR? Do we have to seek permission from all
contributors to publish our git repositories containing PI that they
have already given implicit permission to publish?

That said, this part strikes me as far more relevant wrt the GDPR:

> I patched the voting system to log all authorized voters in the
> future to prevent this situation in the future.

/Tomas