[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] upcoming vote: TC/CC elections

Derek Buitenhuis derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 16:10:10 EET 2023

On 11/28/2023 1:23 PM, Anton Khirnov wrote:
>  The system will assume you want to maximise the sum of weights of
>  selected candidates. E.g. if X is given a weight of 10 and Y and Z have
>  weights 8 and 6 respectively, then the voting algorithm will assume you
>  prefer a committee with both Y and Z over one with X, because 14 > 10.
>  However, giving Y and Z weight of 4 and 2 instead would have expressed
>  that X is preferred to a combination of Y and Z, because 6 < 10.

This is the opposite of clear or concise, it is word soup.

Given that some already voted the opposite of what they intende, and
this trainwreck of an explanation, I think these votes should be
nuked.

Really. I *still* have trouble understanding what to enter even after
reading this.

What drugs were the devs on when they thought "yes, having voters enter
free-form data is reasonable"?

- Derek