[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] upcoming vote: TC/CC elections

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Wed Nov 29 14:22:11 EET 2023

On 28.11.23 21:30, Derek Buitenhuis wrote:
> On 11/28/2023 3:50 PM, Anton Khirnov wrote:
>> Calling things generically bad is the opposite of helpful.
> I cannot offer help on making a paragraph that I don't fully
> understand become more comprehensible, as that would require
> I understand it fully.
>
> But, I would again like to state these votes should be scrapped
> and redone. People literally voted the opposite of what they wanted
> to by accident, due to this.

FWIW the type in of weights is one of the two options to do a
proportional representation for the vote.
The other is the one we had used so far, by ranking the candidates from
1st to n-th.

Both should serve our needs for proportional representation AFAICT and I
don't assume they'd give us different results of the vote. But maybe
Anton had a reason to pick one over the other.

If Anton decides it's worth redoing it, we maybe just do the other
option and be a bit more resilient to misinterpretation.

-Thilo