[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] upcoming vote: TC/CC elections

Cosmin Stejerean cosmin at cosmin.at
Thu Nov 30 09:16:32 EET 2023

> On Nov 29, 2023, at 5:42 PM, Ronald S. Bultje <rsbultje at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Does ranked voting allow expressing equal weight to multiple candidates?
> For example, I prefer Jerry and Tom equally, but I prefer either one over
> Spike.

In theory that could depend on the implementation of ranked voting, it could require strict ordering or allow expressing equal rank. I did a quick test vote on the public CIVS instance using "proportional representation" and "rank of their favorite choice" mode and it appears to allow assigning equal rank to multiple candidates.

- Cosmin