[FFmpeg-devel] libavc/libx264: add support to propagate SSE values through encoder stats

Carotti, Elias eliascrt at amazon.it
Mon Oct 2 20:35:09 EEST 2023

> Hi,
> please find attached a patch to propagate the SSE for a frame into
> the
> encoder stats.
> Since libx264 already provides PSNR values, this is done by basically
> inverting the formula to recover the SSE values.
>
> Would it be possible to also append other values to the errors
> vector?
> E.g., libx264 also computes SSIM but other values could be provided.
>
> Best,
> Elias

Hi,
very minor fix to a minor patch.
I noticed I wasn't rounding values properly.

Could someone have a look, please?
Elias

NICE SRL, viale Monte Grappa 3/5, 20124 Milano, Italia, Registro delle Imprese di Milano Monza Brianza Lodi REA n. 2096882, Capitale Sociale: 10.329,14 EUR i.v., Cod. Fisc. e P.IVA 01133050052, Societa con Socio Unico