[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] AG (GA?) VOTE

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue Oct 10 15:42:38 EEST 2023

Hello,

https://github.com/videolabs/libspatialaudio

> There are 2 choices which are similar
> (update the list before each vote and update it twice a year)
> And a 3rd option that is probably not what the "opposition" wants I think
> (use the 2020 version, never update)

Those 3 were mentioned at VDD in the FFmpeg meeting you were in.
It was also already discussed at FOSDEM this year and the previous, and people complained that I did not do that vote before.

> First its neccessary to give the community a chance to discuss the GA
> composition
> choices, collect suggestions and then do a vote

I think this was done.

> Now iam quite unprepared to really suggest something as i also didnt
> think about this
> much or expect this vote now but at least something like
> * keep everyone who had vote rights but add active developers each
> jan/july
>
> Is a more honest choice for the "opposition" than "never update"

That's an extra choice, in my opinion, and we could also have it, but it's a bit annoying that you say it now.
But it's doable.

Best,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President