[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] AG (GA?) VOTE

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Tue Oct 10 16:04:22 EEST 2023

On Tue, Oct 10, 2023 at 02:42:38PM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 10 Oct 2023, at 13:56, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > a vote on the General Assembly composition was apparently initiated with
> > a duration of 6 days, i saw this in my inbox:
> > "1009 23:49 Jean-Baptiste K (3,4K) Poll: FFmpeg AG members rules"
> >
> > There was no real prior discussion on the mailing list about this.
>
> https://github.com/videolabs/libspatialaudio
>
> > There are 2 choices which are similar
> > (update the list before each vote and update it twice a year)
> > And a 3rd option that is probably not what the "opposition" wants I think
> > (use the 2020 version, never update)
>
> Those 3 were mentioned at VDD in the FFmpeg meeting you were in.
> It was also already discussed at FOSDEM this year and the previous, and people complained that I did not do that vote before.
>
> > First its neccessary to give the community a chance to discuss the GA
> > composition
> > choices, collect suggestions and then do a vote
>
> I think this was done.
>

> > Now iam quite unprepared to really suggest something as i also didnt
> > think about this
> > much or expect this vote now but at least something like
> > * keep everyone who had vote rights but add active developers each
> > jan/july
> >
> > Is a more honest choice for the "opposition" than "never update"
>
> That's an extra choice, in my opinion, and we could also have it, but it's a bit annoying that you say it now.
> But it's doable.

iam sorry, i would have brought this up sooner had i realized we are voting
now.
I was of the impression the vote would be after 6.1 OR someone would first
suggest we should do a GA vote now before actually starting the vote.

The real ebay dictionary, page 1
"Used only once"    - "Some unspecified defect prevented a second use"
"In good condition" - "Can be repaird by experienced expert"
"As is" - "You wouldnt want it even if you were payed for it, if you knew ..."