[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg at LinuxDays 2023 in Prague

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Sun Oct 15 21:07:48 EEST 2023

Hi,

> the break after the pandemic has stopped for the LinuxDays in Prague this year
> as well.
> Thus, FFmpeg will be at the Linux Days 2023 in Prague, Czech Republic from
> October 7th to 8th!
> Find more information on their homepage. The 2023 english version linked here is
> still outdated but should update soon-ish (tm).
>
> https://www.linuxdays.cz/2023/en
>
> We will man a booth with our staff and are happily waiting for our users to get
> in touch with us!
>
> If you're a developer and want to help us or just want to visit and check in at
> our booth, please let us know.
> FFmpeg can sponsor your travels and accommodation in Prague for the duration of
> the conference!
>
> We would like to encourage everyone visiting the CLT to bring us sample files
> and/or command lines that show suspicious or buggy behavior - this will be your
> change to get your bug fixed right away!
>
> See you in Prague!

I returned form the LDP last weekend where we had many interested users visiting.
Showed a usual webcam-based demo and gave away some T-Shirts, helped out with some command lines.

There have been some samples brought to us though during the second day where
users experienced problems transcoding/dec.
For one, that is a DVB-T2 recording, FFmpeg is actually fine with the file and
it looked like a VLC regression since 3.0.18 (VLC freezes). Plays fine in my
3.0.6. and the users 3.0.9, so its all VLC's fault. Files are available 0:-)
The other was a tuning issue for libsvtav1 where -profile appears broken for his
FFmpeg version 6.0... though a proper -preset was sufficient to help out.

-Thilo