[FFmpeg-devel] [ANNOUNCE] upcoming GA vote

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Wed Oct 25 22:31:27 EEST 2023

Am 25.10.23 um 19:39 schrieb Rémi Denis-Courmont:
> Hi,
>
> Le 25 octobre 2023 18:52:31 GMT+03:00, Thilo Borgmann via ffmpeg-devel <ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org> a écrit :

>>> Can you send me a screenshot?
>>
>> Thanks. That appears to be a perl bug, Not going to touch that on the server atm.
>>
>> So sorry, switch to english or use another device for now.
>
> That seems to makes no difference (Firefox on Android). The language setting seem to only change the GUI, not whatever the Perl CGI uses (Accept-Language header?).
>
> Objectively, it really does not matter insofar as we are dealing solely with non-GA members such as I. But if I were to play devil's advocate, you may be serving on a plate a pretext for some future dissatisfied voters to call the voting process invalid later, or worse, maybe even allege xenophobic discrimination (this does *not* represent my opinion and is *not* meant to constitute an actual serious accusation). Either way it might be a problem in the particular context of this project, especially in light of the abundance of formality from Anton's original post.
>
> Not that I'd have a solution. Feel free to ignore.

Not a perl "bug" but per-se but something changed about validity of my(my...,
my...) constructs.

There is a patch for the CIVS source which is two years old [1]. That perl
"update" seems to have happened after our last vote (where this issue was
non-existant afaict) and today.

I'll try to find some time tomorrow to adapt the source on the server and let
you know to retest your vote.

Should effect french, hungarian and italian.

-Thilo

[1]
https://github.com/andrewcmyers/civs/commit/9578227a1b37c87437bfbf545e0595aa371cf621