[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] financial sustainability Plan A (SPI)

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 19:43:15 EEST 2023

Hi Thilo,

On Sat, Oct 28, 2023 at 11:31 AM Thilo Borgmann via ffmpeg-devel <
ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

> What this is about, is to set up a way to properly spend the SPI money
> aside
> from travel & hw. Why we should not do it because some companies
> beurocracy, I
> cannot see.

I sincerely don't think the above description is what Kieran meant when he
talked about sustainability at Demuxed, which this thread seems to be a
response to.

I'm happy to elaborate, but I think we're talking about two completely
different things at this point. Spending SPI money is great. But Kieran
talked about *raising* donations from the very companies you (seem to?)
prefer to ignore because of their bureaucracy. If we're talking about
distinct things, we'll likely end up with distinct (and multiple) solutions.

Ronald