[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] financial sustainability Plan A (SPI)

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Oct 29 22:03:50 EET 2023

Le sunnuntaina 29. lokakuuta 2023, 18.47.34 EET Nicolas George a écrit :
> Rémi Denis-Courmont (12023-10-29):
> > And unfortunately, I do believe that Ronald is correct in pointing out
> > that big companies will want oversight in exchange for money.
>
> And this is why the only acceptable answer is: to hell with them and
> anybody who supports them.

You are entitled to your opinion. There are pros and cons either way, that
different people will weigh differently. If I had meaningful say and stake, I
would probably feel conflicted.

So I will neither agree nor disagree with you here. However your choice of
word is very disagreeable, and makes your side of the argument a disservice.

> That might make less money in donations and that more of us will have to
> keep a day job, but it is the price of freedom.

Be careful what you wish for. Michael started this thread, so I suppose that
he wants funding for himself and/or for some other key developers. They are
who you are opposing here, rather than bottom feeders such as myself.

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
http://www.remlab.net/