[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg release 6.1 (SDR Plans)

Vittorio Giovara vittorio.giovara at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 21:14:46 EEST 2023

On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 1:16 PM Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:

> Kieran Kunhya via ffmpeg-devel (12023-09-21):
> > How on earth is it acceptable that you can publish your hobby project
> > under the FFmpeg project name?
>
> How on earth is it acceptable that you continue bikeshedding a feature
> that some users have been enthusiastically waiting for?

Because it adds maintenance burden and it's out of scope with the proejct

> > I have been working on BIOS code recently
>
> If it brings useful features in a way that integrate gracefully in
> FFmpeg, then great! Send the patches then.

No thanks, feature creep is a bad mojo.

At any rate for the topic at hand, in my opinion there shouldn't be two
separate releases, either there is one with SDR or there is one without,
not both.
I actually thought the majority of the developer community was against
including this feature and I thought it was already removed.
--
Vittorio