[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg release 6.1 (SDR Plans)

Vittorio Giovara vittorio.giovara at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 21:47:40 EEST 2023

On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 2:19 PM Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:

> Vittorio Giovara (12023-09-21):
> > Because it adds maintenance burden and it's out of scope with the proejct
>
> The feature is isolated, so that is a lie.

Good, if it's so isolated it can be moved to a separate library and we're
arguing over nothing.

> > No thanks, feature creep is a bad mojo.
>
> “Creep” is your opinion, the opinion of somebody who we never see on
> users mailing lists by the way.

Will you stop with this accusatory tone in _every_ _single_ _email_ you
send?
Meeting a threshold of emails is not a good measure of the validity of any
claim.

> > At any rate for the topic at hand, in my opinion there shouldn't be two
> > separate releases, either there is one with SDR or there is one without,
> > not both.
> > I actually thought the majority of the developer community was against
> > including this feature and I thought it was already removed.
>
> There is a clear majority of the developer community who do the work.

Yes, and it agrees with its removal.
--
Vittorio