[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg release 6.1 (SDR Plans)

Vittorio Giovara vittorio.giovara at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 21:54:22 EEST 2023

On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 2:51 PM Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:

> Vittorio Giovara (12023-09-21):
> > Good, if it's so isolated it can be moved to a separate library and we're
> > arguing over nothing.
>
> Wasting Michael's time for the maintenance and users' time for
> installing it in the process. That is a completely stupid idea.

What about other developers' time for maintenance?
And for users installing a library nowadays is a one liner, not really a
big deal

> > Will you stop with this accusatory tone in _every_ _single_ _email_ you
> > send?
> > Meeting a threshold of emails is not a good measure of the validity of
> any
> > claim.
>
> What?

What?

> Yes, and it agrees with its removal.
>
> Not if you count correctly.

As someone wiser than me said, People can come up with statistics to prove
anything
<https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj8mJ-FsLyBAxVShYkEHZr9B-sQwqsBegQICRAF&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7tzfl1wTemM&usg=AOvVaw3R4pSNbU-TvVTTJngxzrgp&opi=89978449>
!
--
Vittorio