[FFmpeg-devel] libavdevice (was: FFmpeg release 6.1 (SDR Plans))

Paul B Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 14:20:12 EEST 2023

On Sun, Sep 24, 2023 at 8:09 PM Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:

> Paul B Mahol (12023-09-24):
> > libavdevice is using libavformat API that is unacceptable maintenance
> burden.
>
> This is a lie. You would not even know if libavdevice is a maintenance
> burden, you never touch it.

[computer at archlinux ffmpeg]$ git sn libavdevice/|grep Paul\ B\ Mahol
    12  Paul B Mahol
[computer at archlinux ffmpeg]$ git sn libavformat/|grep Paul\ B\ Mahol
   684  Paul B Mahol
[computer at archlinux ffmpeg]$ git sn libavformat/|grep Nicolas\ George
   154  Nicolas George
[computer at archlinux ffmpeg]$ git sn libavdevice/|grep Nicolas\ George
    51  Nicolas George

I had great plans for libavdevice, but as my proposal to change API was
rejected I'm no longer contributing to libavdevice.