[FFmpeg-devel] VDD 2023, FFmpeg meeting notes, (23-11-2023, 4pm, Dublin)

Tomas Härdin git at haerdin.se
Wed Sep 27 16:15:12 EEST 2023

sön 2023-09-24 klockan 09:37 +0100 skrev Kyle Swanson:
> Gitlab (or something like Gitlab)
> ---------------------------------
> -   J-B recommends against gitea, suggesting that we piggyback on the
> videolan Gitlab experience infra.

As someone who's tried to maintain a Gitlab instance I can also
recommend letting someone else do that. It might also be worthwhile
finding something that isn't as huge of a mess as Gitlab is, but I'm
not sure what's out there that's less of a pain.

> DNS
> ---
> -   Michael: "i think fabrice should stay in ultimate control", "he
> has
> always acted in the best interests of the people".

A bus factor of 1 will sooner or later cause problems. At the very
least there needs to be some kind of plan in place to hand the domain
over if Fabrice disappears for one reason or another, lest it fall into
the hands of domain squatters.

/Tomas