[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Release 6.1

Tomas Härdin git at haerdin.se
Wed Sep 27 16:53:56 EEST 2023

tis 2023-09-26 klockan 19:16 +0200 skrev Michael Niedermayer:

> Anyway, i appologize for announcing SDR in 6.1. I was too much in
> love with
> SDR and how cool it would be ...

This is why I have suggested many times that you should get involved in
actual SDR projects. For example the FreeDV people have a spinoff
project called FreeDATA (https://freedata.app/  which is all about
sending data (including IP packets) over difficult channels. There is
plenty of DSP work to be done in these projects. If you also get an
amateur radio license then a whole world of experimentation opens up.

/Tomas