[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Release 6.1

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Sep 28 20:27:50 EEST 2023

Le torstaina 28. syyskuuta 2023, 19.43.57 EEST Nicolas George a écrit :
> Rémi Denis-Courmont (12023-09-28):
> > Calling BBB, Kieran and myself dishonest is.
>
> I call your arguments dishonest.

You almost had me doubting my recollection for a minute. But:

And you then wrote:
> And they are being dishonest in that

Arguments cannot "ask for separate library". "They" were explicitly "people",
specifically people asking for a separate library.

Later on:
> Nobody honest would seriously try to argue the opposite.
[after I had indeed argued the opposite]

Feel free to call me captain obvious: "nobody" is a negative pronoun for
people, not for abstract concepts such as arguments, for which the pronoun
would be "nothing".

But hey, I shall not reproduce Paul's mistake that got him admonished by JB.

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
http://www.remlab.net/