[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Anual Committee Report

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Sep 28 20:46:36 EEST 2023

Le torstaina 28. syyskuuta 2023, 17.19.18 EEST Michael Niedermayer a écrit :
> Hi all
>
> I think the 2 commmittteees we have should produce an anual report
> so that the developers who vote for members know the perfomance and
> what the last comite did
> like # of cases, # of times people where contacted, % where committi
> intervention produced a noticable improvment ...

The commitees should post the result of their deliberations. This seems
evident for the TC. But the CC should also do it to avoid seeming like they
are not acting, that the CoC is only for show. And based on negative
experience in other projects, I would also emphasise that the CC also needs to
avoid making public statements about some cases or people and not others as
well.

That being said, I don't think annual reports are necessary or even useful on
top of per-case summaries. The number of cases _should_ be low enough that
year-on-year statistics should not be very meaningful. Also that seems like
useless paperwork added on top of what is already free and not particularly
fun community service.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/