[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Vote STF/SPI 2024-02

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sun Feb 4 02:42:31 EET 2024

On Sat, Feb 03, 2024 at 04:37:54AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 01, 2024 at 05:29:26AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > To do the STF/SPI thing properly, and make sure we do what the Community wants.
> > We should do this vote: (unless lots of people reply and say we should skip the vote)
> > (i am also CCing jonatan to make sure the option in the vote actually ask the GA the
> >  right question)
> >
> > The vote description will be as follows:
> > The STF/SPI has suggested us to submit an Application / Scope of work before their february meeting.
> > There are about 2 weeks left.
> > The minimum grant is 150 000 €
> > The next STF meeting is expected to be in may. If we submit in february and are not selected
> > we can probably try again in may. Which would increase our chances
> > If we do not submit in february we can probably submit in may.
> > There is no guarantee that money will be available in may, for example between october 2023
> > and february 2024 no funds where available AFAIK.
> > Wiki page is here: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/SponsoringPrograms/STF/2024
> >

> > Option A. The Application and Scope of Work from the WIKI shall be submitted to STF/SPI before the february 2024 meeting, disagreements in it shall be decided by the TC. To achieve continuity, submission shall be done by the same person as previous if possible.
> >
> > Option B. No Application and Scope of Work shall be submitted in february 2024
> >

> > This is a RFC, so if you see errors in it please suggest changes
>
> I intend to start the vote in teh next 24h or so.

Vote started, you should have received a mail if you are in the GA
and you should not have received a mail if you are not in the GA
50 mails where sent and there are 50 in the script output.
I hope that no messup happened in this vote

Please Vote!

The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision
of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet
notwithstanding go out to meet it. -- Thucydides