[FFmpeg-devel] STF SoWs

Niklas Haas ffmpeg at haasn.xyz
Tue Feb 6 17:59:26 EET 2024

On Tue, 06 Feb 2024 09:18:20 -0500 "Ronald S. Bultje" <rsbultje at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Feb 5, 2024 at 9:06 PM Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc>
> wrote:
>
> >       2. Deliverables
> > Patches submitted for review to the FFMPEG dev mailing list.
> >

> I think the goal is to get patches merged, not submitted.

On the other hand, having payment tied to merge, rather than submission,
encourages hasty merging, as well as holding hostage of patches from
developers one does not like.

I think that a significant contribution getting rejected late in the
review process due to insurmountable design flaws is a sufficiently rare
occurrence that the risk of somebody abusing this system is worth the
trade-offs of less stress for all involved.