[FFmpeg-devel] Call for SOWs [due Feb 10 at 23:59 UTC]

Pierre-Anthony Lemieux pal at sandflow.com
Thu Feb 8 08:02:43 EET 2024

Hi all,

Below is a proposal for creating a proposal to the STF -- I offered to
Michael to help, and here we are.

The objective, as I understand it, is to unlock funds for individuals
that are interested in contributing to the FFMPEG codebase, subject to
the STF criteria [1].

The suggested approach is that interested individuals email me, no
later than Feb 10 at 23:59 UTC, a completed SOW using the template at
[2].

It is important IMHO that there is a developer and a defined amount
attached to each SOW, otherwise it creates uncertainty and thus
increases the management burden and reduces the chances that the
proposal is accepted. It is also important that the aggregate value of
the SOWs is greater than €150,000 (minimum STF funding). This call for
SOWs is completely voluntary, there is no guarantee that all SOWs are
accepted by SPI, and the chances of success are unknown (to me). The
SOWs (minus personal information and amounts) will be published.

I am happy to collate the SOWs and forward them to SPI, who would
handle the submission to STF and payments to contributors as the case
may be. I am also happy to be educated and proven wrong. I am also
happy to do nothing.

Best,

-- Pierre

[1] https://www.sovereigntechfund.de/programs/applications#evaluation-criteria