[FFmpeg-devel] STF SoWs

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Thu Feb 8 14:32:58 EET 2024

Leo Izen (12024-02-07):
> I don't think this is really a fair statement to make. We have lots of
> potential reviewers subscribed to this list but very few people actually
> review code, and those that do review code are expected to provide some sort
> of technical objection or reason why it shouldn't be merged. A random
> subscriber without commit access posting "Nak" on a patch without explaining
> why isn't grounds to block it.

A random subscriber cannot do that, but if they are thick as thieves
with the people who managed to gain control of the committees, so that
they can be sure the tech will side with them and they can threaten you
if you point that their objections are flimsy a little too clearly, then
they can block your patch with a vague “it does not belong in ffmpeg”,
that does require a lot less effort than reviewing.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George