[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Vote STF/SPI 2024-02

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sun Feb 11 14:38:49 EET 2024

On Sun, Feb 04, 2024 at 01:42:31AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 03, 2024 at 04:37:54AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 01, 2024 at 05:29:26AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > To do the STF/SPI thing properly, and make sure we do what the Community wants.
> > > We should do this vote: (unless lots of people reply and say we should skip the vote)
> > > (i am also CCing jonatan to make sure the option in the vote actually ask the GA the
> > >  right question)
> > >
> > > The vote description will be as follows:
> > > The STF/SPI has suggested us to submit an Application / Scope of work before their february meeting.
> > > There are about 2 weeks left.
> > > The minimum grant is 150 000 €
> > > The next STF meeting is expected to be in may. If we submit in february and are not selected
> > > we can probably try again in may. Which would increase our chances
> > > If we do not submit in february we can probably submit in may.
> > > There is no guarantee that money will be available in may, for example between october 2023
> > > and february 2024 no funds where available AFAIK.
> > > Wiki page is here: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/SponsoringPrograms/STF/2024
> > >

> > > Option A. The Application and Scope of Work from the WIKI shall be submitted to STF/SPI before the february 2024 meeting, disagreements in it shall be decided by the TC. To achieve continuity, submission shall be done by the same person as previous if possible.
> > >
> > > Option B. No Application and Scope of Work shall be submitted in february 2024
> > >

> > > This is a RFC, so if you see errors in it please suggest changes
> >
> > I intend to start the vote in teh next 24h or so.
>
> Vote started, you should have received a mail if you are in the GA
> and you should not have received a mail if you are not in the GA
> 50 mails where sent and there are 50 in the script output.
> I hope that no messup happened in this vote
>
> Please Vote!

As the specified end date of 2024-02-11 has come, and we are over high noon, the
contestants are standing in front of each other, tense with their hands over their
pistols, who will walk away today and who will not.

The winner is miss february, she drew her gun first, shot and hit
    "The Application and Scope of Work from the WIKI shall be submitted to STF/SPI before the february 2024 meeting, disagreements in it shall be decided by the TC. To achieve continuity, submission shall be done by the same person as previous, if possible." Won

Miss may lost this round, she recieves a free hankachief to wipe the water from miss february water pistol off
    "No Application and Scope of Work shall be submitted in february 2024", Lost

The CSV file with details is attached

Announced end of poll: 2024-02-11
Actual time poll closed: 2/11/2024, 1:27:15 PM
Private poll (50 authorized voters)
Actual votes cast: 23

I wish all contestants good luck and please soon come and play again!

The real ebay dictionary, page 1
"Used only once"    - "Some unspecified defect prevented a second use"
"In good condition" - "Can be repaird by experienced expert"
"As is" - "You wouldnt want it even if you were payed for it, if you knew ..."