[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg TC input needed

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sat Feb 17 19:31:23 EET 2024

On Sat, Feb 17, 2024 at 05:15:43PM +0530, Gyan Doshi wrote:
> Issue:
>
> Patch: avcodec/s302m: enable non-PCM decoding
>
> The issue needing resolution is whether the patch should be added to the
> existing s302m decoder or should that decoder
> be removed and all old and new patched features inlined into the mpeg-ts
> demuxer.

[Nested decoder, bsf, demuxer, something else ...]

I think the discussion is too much looking at the fine details

What we need is
TS -> raw samples
TS -> TS    (lossless)
TS -> nonTS (lossless)
nonTS -> TS (lossless)
raw samples -> TS

I think some of the discussed options have problems with lossless non PCM
in some intermediate encapsulation in mpeg-TS

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your
right to say it. -- Voltaire