[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] clarifying the TC conflict of interest rule

Cosmin Stejerean cosmin at cosmin.at
Tue Feb 20 23:12:11 EET 2024

It's not clear from https://www.ffmpeg.org/community.html that the extra members should be refreshed every time the GA is updated or that a vote should get held up if that hasn't happened yet.

> Additional members are added to the General Assembly through a vote after proposal by a member of the General Assembly. They are part of the GA for two years, after which they need a confirmation by the GA.

It looks like a request to add extra members to the GA should be done explicitly by someone requesting a vote on it, which can be done at any time. Waiting until something else comes up for a vote seems suboptimal because it then delays that first decision by at least a couple of weeks (given the rules for voting).

- Cosmin