[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] clarifying the TC conflict of interest rule

Anton Khirnov anton at khirnov.net
Thu Feb 22 23:21:44 EET 2024

Quoting Gyan Doshi (2024-02-22 07:50:36)
> On 2024-02-20 04:39 pm, Anton Khirnov wrote:
> > As for determining conflict of interest in case of dishonest TC
> > members, I don't think there is a general solution for it.
>
> This is not about dishonesty. Imagine a TC member genuinely does not
> self-assess or agree to a conflict of interest, does that
> mean they can vote regardless of what the other members think? In other
> words, by whom and how is a claim of conflict adjudicated?

In my updated proposal, based on comments by Niklas and Rémi, I'm
leaving it up to the TC member in question, based on the assumption that
TC members are honest.

A "stronger" version could conceivably leave it to CC to decide
ambiguous cases. Feel free to propose such a version if you prefer it.

--
Anton Khirnov