[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] clarifying the TC conflict of interest rule

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 21:36:11 EET 2024

Hi Nicolas

On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 2:56 AM Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:

> Anton Khirnov (12024-02-22):
> > In my updated proposal, based on comments by Niklas and Rémi, I'm
> > leaving it up to the TC member in question, based on the assumption that
> > TC members are honest.
> >
> > A "stronger" version could conceivably leave it to CC to decide
> > ambiguous cases. Feel free to propose such a version if you prefer it.
>
> Your version does nothing to address the issue of the current situation,
> where the contributor who has to raise an issue in front of the TC does
> not trust one member of the TC to be unbiased on this issue.
>
> I therefore maintain my alternate proposition as is.

I think you and Anton are trying to fix different issues. I would propose
to run independent votes over Anton's proposal and your proposal, in no
particular order.

For your proposal, if you want the GA to vote on it, would it be possible
to please more specifically define "soon"? Does it mean "ever"? Or within
what time period? Or is the period irrelevant and is the intention of
desiring to work at the company at the point the conflict takes place more
relevant?

Thanks,
Ronald