[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] clarifying the TC conflict of interest rule

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Mon Feb 26 22:44:01 EET 2024

Ronald S. Bultje (12024-02-23):
> I think you and Anton are trying to fix different issues.

Indeed. In fact, our proposals are exactly opposite.

Anton's proposal defangs the rule completely, emptying it from all
authority, allowing members of the TC to boss other developers around.

My proposal strengthens the rule, by making it clear recusal is the
expected action when there is the slightest doubt about a bias. It is
the only way to keep members of the TC equal to the other developers.

--
  Nicolas George