[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg's HLS muxer's deprecation of the hls_wrap option

Steven Liu lingjiujianke at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 17:09:09 EET 2024

Dennis Mungai <dmngaie at gmail.com>于2024年1月20日 周六21:02写道:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a valid technical reason as to why FFmpeg's HLS muxer dropped the
> hls_wrap option?

eg. three player playing the list and every fragment less or equal 1 second
,
1. Player 1 from fragment1, fragment2
2. Now Player 2 from fragment 1, fragment 2,
3. Now Player 3 from fragment 1, Fragment2 and Player 1 playing fragment 3
4. Network transport with player 3 get loss packet
5. Player 1 playing new fragment 1, new fragment 2
6. Player 2 playing fragment 3
7. Player 3 blocking always because the fragments are flashing too fast.

So the commit message said it is not friendly to downstream users.

I have no more better way to fix it with ffmpeg, but I think that commit
can be revert if you want use hls_wrap.