[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 7.0 blocking issues

Lynne dev at lynne.ee
Wed Jan 24 15:14:00 EET 2024

Jan 24, 2024, 13:30 by anton at khirnov.net:

> Quoting Lynne (2024-01-24 13:07:51)
>
>> Which part of "don't consider as blockers" did you find difficult to understand?
>> I even added newlines top and bottom for you to laser onto that sentence.
>>

> Then why are you mentioning them in a thread specifically about release
> blockers.

Because it was a question about blockers, and I mentioned one.
Then I thought I'd share what I'm working on, that someone else might
find interesting, and if so, they could either help or express interest?
Hence, "would be nice to have". I will not argue that they should be
blockers, hence "not a blocker".

>> I have started on everything, and two things are finished but need polish,
>> one is difficult and needs debugging while the other is more difficult.
>>
>> And with that release rate attitude, how do you think we can go to our one
>> release every few months promise?
>>

> I don't understand what you mean by this.

You mentioned half a year, but we planned to make a release every
two months under the new release model from 2 years ago.
So I just think rather than aiming for half a year, we should aim for
a few months, that's all.