[FFmpeg-devel] Sovereign Tech Fund

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Mon Jan 29 22:04:33 EET 2024

On Mon, Jan 29, 2024 at 07:02:57PM +0000, Kieran Kunhya wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jan 2024, 18:54 Michael Niedermayer, <michael at niedermayer.cc>
> wrote:
>

> > > You weren't willing to compromise last time
> > > for your hobby, what makes you willing to compromise in that situation?
> >
> > This insult is unacceptable.
> > I just a few days ago stated that i intend to implement SDR within what the
> > community prefers or as a seperate fork.
> > So thats completely the opposit of what i stated
> >

> I obviously just dreamt up the most serious schism in the project since the
> fork.

In that case, please wake up

> I mean there's SDR related code in git right now, you're literally
> gaslighting at this point.

You are talking about
"avcodec: Rename ff_kbd_window_init() as it will be needed from outside libavcodec"
https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/fd5aa93a37b3fa21195c6d7b22ef655124020e09

and

"avcodec/kbdwin: Support arbitrary sized windows"
https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/cf00f60bab1f79213c274a6cd4357b32bd5c0101

The first makes the function available outside libavcodec the 2nd
makes it work with bigger sizes.
If that was the "most serious schism in the project since the fork"

Iam sure you are ecstatic to hear i just approved these 2 being reverted
ill just copy the 1 page of code where its needed instead.

I guess that conculdes the "most serious schism in the project since the fork"
until the next most serious ?

There will always be a question for which you do not know the correct answer.