[FFmpeg-devel] Sovereign Tech Fund

Kieran Kunhya kierank at obe.tv
Tue Jan 30 00:31:11 EET 2024

On Mon, 29 Jan 2024, 22:23 Cosmin Stejerean via ffmpeg-devel, <
ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

> > On Jan 28, 2024, at 7:54 AM, Kieran Kunhya <kierank at obe.tv> wrote:
> >
> > So work like Anton's threading, YUVJ removal etc, that couldn't be funded
> > via bounties as they have no direct commercial value but require
> expertise
> > in the codebase.
> > Statements of Work and milestones (by definition) are for features.
>
> I'm not sure those are the best examples to make that point given that
> both multi-threading and YUVJ removal were funded by commercial SOWs.
>
> - Cosmin

A commercial SOW with a private company that took the commercial risk on
that contract taking longer or being more difficult than anticipated or
someone else doing the work without telling them.

The terms of that contract were discussed in private and don't affect the
project itself.

Kieran